Over the weekend I tried a new zucchini cake recipe. The cake is chocolate and it calls for vanilla or chocolate frosting—I went with the chocolate.
The recipe can be found here if you’re interested in trying it. It was very very good.
Over the years I’ve made quite a few baked zucchini goods. You can re-visit the ones I’ve posted about below.
- Chocolate zucchini cake (a different recipe than the one above)
- Zucchini coconut cake
- Lemon loaf cake (it has zucchini in it)
- Zucchini pie (this one is savory instead of sweet)
This week we:
- did our first greenbean canning of the season
- picked blackberries for juice
- froze 3 cups of shredded zucchini
- made a run of pepper jelly
- made bread and butter pickles
- made squash/zucchini pickles
- continued with the steps for the 14 day pickles we have going
- enjoyed squash, peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, spinach, cilantro, basil, beans, and lettuce from our garden and corn from Farmer Tim’s garden down the road