- If you play in the fire you’ll pee the bed tonight: Years ago Pap was burning off a small garden area. One of the littlest cousins kept playing in the fire-Pap told him “if you don’t quit playing in that fire you’ll wet the bed” never missing a beat he said “I’ll be swimming tonight!” We all got a big laugh out of that.
- Fight fire with fire.
- I’ve got too many irons in the fire.
- Don’t add fuel to the fire.
- Don’t burn your bridges.
- Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
- Where there’s smoke there’s fire.
- Money burns a hole right through his pocket
- If you play with fire you’re going to get burnt
- Burning your candle at both ends.
- Burning the midnight oil.
If you think of any other fire/burn/smoke sayings-hope you’ll leave me a comment.
This post was originally published here on the Blind Pig in 2011.