Time for this month’s vocabulary test-take it and see how you do:
- Knee baby
- Kindly– kind of, somewhat, rather. “Pap said he was feeling kindly sickly and took to his bed.”
- Knee baby– a toddler. “Last time I saw her was down to Johnson’s Store. She had all those young’uns with her-the least one was just a knee baby.”
- Kiver– cover. “After the last frost in the spring of the year Mother used to put all the kivers out to air in the sun.”
- Kilt– killed. “Old man Ledford has kilt more bear than most folks have ever even seen in their whole live long life.”
- Knowed– past tense and past participle of know. “I knowed that boy was trouble the first time I laid eyes on him.”
This month-I’m familiar with all the words. The 3 I hear on a regular basis are: kindly, kilt, and knowed.
So how did you do? Leave me a comment and let me know.