- You’ll never marry if someone sweeps under your feet. (I heard this one all the time when I was a teenager.)
- Never sweep twice in the same place. (You’d have to be a much better sweeper than me to pull this one off!)
- It’s bad luck to sweep trash out the door. (I think it’s bad luck because then you’d have to clean the yard!)
- Never sweep after dark. (Sounds good to me.)
- Never step over a broom…unless of course you’re jumping it to get married.
And that concludes my Appalachian advice on sweeping for today.