I first noticed this recipe for Cream Cheese Danish when the girls were in 2nd grade or 3rd grade. Their class made cookbooks. I can’t remember now if it was a fund raiser or Christmas presents for parents, but the recipe was in the book.
8 years later I finally tried the recipe and after I tasted it I decided I should have made it much sooner.
- 2 10 oz cans of crescent rolls
- 2 8 oz packs of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- preheat oven to 350
- grease a 9 x 13 baking pan
- line the bottom of the pan with one can of the crescent rolls-I sorta flattened mine together into a large square before I put them in the pan
- mix together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and sour cream
- spread the mixture evenly over the crescent rolls
- top mixture with the other can of crescent rolls
- bake in 350 oven for 20-30 minutes or till light golden brown
The recipe called for mixing the confectioners sugar, butter, and milk together to drizzle over the danish, but I didn’t even bother with it. They were so good they didn’t need any icing.