Wow where did 2015 go? It seems only yesterday I was telling you about the goals I had planned for the Blind Pig & the Acorn during the new year of 2015-and now 2015 is gone and behind us.
I’ve been thinking about the new ground I’d like to cover during the year of 2016 here on the blog.
- I’m still working on the idea I shared with you last January-the idea of celebrating Appalachia in a bigger way and it involves the voices of people like you and me. I hope to make significant progress on this project during the coming year…but I had those same hopes last January so we shall see.
- Would you like to HEAR me say those Appalachian Vocabulary Words each month? That’s an idea I’m working on.
- I’m still excited about the Blind Pig & the Acorn Etsy Shop and Chitter’s Etsy Shop Stamey Creek Creations. Chitter has been playing around with making more Appalachian Old Home Place Jewelry. I’m hoping the jewelry can become a staple in her shop in the coming year.
- Chatter has been recording Pap talking about his life. They started at his earliest memories and where he his family lived when he was born. I hope to share those special recordings with you.
- Chatter and I plan to make a real medicinal herb garden this year. You may remember we gave it a go last year, but this year we plan to put a little more effort into our endeavor and hope to see much better results.
- Do any of you remember my spot light on music a few years ago? I’m think of doing it all again… maybe even the guitar giveaway part and maybe a giveaway of a free personal concert from the Blind Pig Gang.
I’m excited for this new year of 2016. I believe it will be a banner year for the Blind Pig & the Acorn-and I sure hope each of you stick around for the ride.