Yesterday’s post about being afraid made me think of all the ways we say we’re scared. Here’s a few that come to mind.
- scared the living daylights out of me
- scared me to death
- scared stiff
- scared me half to death (I guess half to death is better than death)
- scared the beejesus out of me
- scared witless
- scared as a rabbit in a fox hole
- had me quaking in my boots
- gave me a case of the heebie jeebies
- scared as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs
- gave me the willies
- scared my pants off
- made my skin crawl
- gave me the creeps or the willies
- scared the pee out of me
The one I use most often is scared me half to death—I guess that’s better than all the way to death 🙂 The other one I say is scared the living daylights out of me.
I’m sure I left some out, hope you’ll leave a comment and share your favorite scared sayings.
Last night’s video: Belled Buzzards in Appalachia.