Everyone here at the Blind Pig & the Acorn hopes you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
As I thought about wishing all you Blind Pig readers a Happy Thanksgiving-I began to think of all the welcoming greetings we use in Appalachia-things like:
- Stay and have a cup of coffee.
- Won’t you just stay a while?
- Come in and have a seat.
- Come in the house.
- You ought to just spend the night.
- Now don’t be a stranger.
- Have you eat yet?
- Sit down and rest a spell.
- Just come on home with us.
- Eat a bite of supper with us.
As I read over the list-it makes me wish you all lived close enough for me to visit with on occasion. It also makes me think of one more saying: I’m proud to be here-And I am proud to be here among all of you who help me celebrate and preserve Appalachia.