It seems only yesterday I was telling you about the goals I had planned for the Blind Pig & the Acorn during the new year of 2016 and now that entire year is gone and behind us.
I’ve been studying on the things I’d like to accomplish during the year of 2017 here on the blog.
- I’m still working on the idea I shared with you for the past 2 Januarys-the idea of celebrating Appalachia in a bigger way involving the voices of people like you and me. I haven’t made any real progress on the idea other than collecting thoughts and tid-bits, but I’m still dreaming about it.
- I hope to add new folks to my monthly vocabulary test videos. Up to this point its mostly been the girls, The Deer Hunter, and me that you’ve heard saying the words.
- Paul and I are still trying to find our way through the maze of making the dvd about Pap’s music that I told you about. We have made some real progress on a new cd of Pap and Paul. Well I should say Paul has made some real progress since he’s done all the work. He’s also made real progress on the first Pressley Girls cd.
- Speaking of Pap, I hope to share the story of his death with you in greater detail. I feel like you would want to hear it since you really cared about him.
- I have a secret plan for the coming year. I hope the girls will become a bigger part of the Blind Pig and the Acorn…I haven’t talked to them about this idea-so that’s why I said it was a secret.
- I’m still studying on a cookbook full of Appalachian foods and a book on Appalachian language, but I mostly feel overwhelmed when I think about them. I am happy that I’ve been able to add the option of printing to the recipes I share.
- I hope to meet more of you in person this year. I met more readers in 2016 than in all the years before combined. It was so much fun to put a face with a name.
I’m hope each of you will continue to visit me here on the Blind Pig and The Acorn during 2017.