Every January I study on what I’d like to accomplish on the Blind Pig and The Acorn in the coming year. First and foremost I’d like to continue to celebrate and preserve my rich Appalachian culture and heritage. Come March I will have been blogging about Appalachia for 11 years.
Other plans I have for 2019
- I’d like to get the girls and maybe even The Deer Hunter to contribute to the blog with their own posts as Paul has done in the past year.
- I hope to share more stories from Granny.
- I enjoy talking about the language of Appalachia. In the coming year I hope to do more talking about it on the blog as well as on Facebook and Instagram.
- I’m still kicking around the idea of offering more content here on the Blind Pig. I’ve been studying on adding a premium feature to the blog for a few years now, I’m hoping to make real progress on the idea in the coming year.
- I hope to meet more of you in person this year. I had the pleasure of meeting several Blind Pig readers in 2018 and it was so much fun to put a face with a name.
- Sow True Seed has signed on to sponsor the Blind Pig and The Acorn again, so be on the lookout for this year’s reporting @ large project.
I’m hope each of you will continue to visit Blind Pig and The Acorn during 2019. And if you know someone who might enjoy the blog, please send them my way.
*Ruling day 11: Low 46 High 54 Rainy, Cloudy